Domestic Abuse And Drug Use
This course will examine the relationship between the use of drugs and alcohol by both the perpetrator and victims of domestic abuse and the impacts on any children living in that environment, and explore effective and sensitive ways of working to safeguard the victims and children whilst addressing the substance use of all parties.
- To explore attitudes towards domestic abuse
- To explore the effects drugs and alcohol have on people perpetrating violence
- To understand our professional responsibilities to safeguard
- To identify relevant policies and agencies that can assist in our areas
- To explore sensitive and effective ways to work with victims’ and perpetrators’ substance use