Tired of wading through huge resource packs?
Want to get straight into drugs education work with young people?
Spiral Drug Education 2 is for 14 to 18 year olds and gives you a comprehensive, developmental drug education programme for use with groups of young people in schools, youth clubs and other settings. It is based on what works and good practice guidance for drug education. (Also available: Spiral Drug Education 1, and buy both pack 1 and pack 2 together and save £18)
The learning activities enable young people to gain accurate information about drugs and drug use, to clarify and share attitudes and to develop skills and confidence for managing drug-related situations. They build, year by year, in a developmental way to form the basis of a spiral programme.
The pack contains:
- Learning activities to use with different age groups
- Ideas for additional learning activities
- Photocopy free information and work sheets
- Back up information about different drugs and drug laws
- Ideas for young people to carry out their own research
- Guidance about using the learning activities
- Information about where to find out more
The author, Julian Cohen, is an ex-teacher and youth worker, who has 25 years of experience of drug education in the UK.
Also available – Spiral Drug Education 1 for 14 to 18 year olds.