This course will explore the reasons for this phenomenon, the implications for service delivery and how practitioners may face the challenge of providing harm reduction interventions to this service user group.
- To gain an understanding of the social context of anabolic steroid (AS) and other image- and performance-enhancing drug (IPED) use
- To understand the extent and characteristics of AS and other IPED use
- To increase knowledge relating to the adverse effects of AS and other IPEDs
- To identify ways of reducing the risks associated with AS and other IPEDs within syringe exchange services
- To explore the practical issues concerning service provision for AS and other IPEDs within syringe exchange services
AA1, HSC330, HSC3111, AB2+, AB5*, HSC33, AC3, GEN33/GEN35, AD1+, AH3+