We will explore the legal history in the UK and what recent changes in law have meant for victims and, in light of some recent historical cases (Savile et al), what the law means in those cases. We will also look at victims' needs and how to meet them, and at what longer term needs may also need to be met.
- To explore what sexual violence is
- To examine the law in relation to sexual offences
- To explore the effect sexual violence has on the individual
- To understand what victims need in the acute phase
- To identify relevant agencies that can assist victims
Date of next course TBA