Although working within an NSP involves using a number of the transferable skills that every Recovery Worker has, many workers still feel uncomfortable when having to work in this environment. This course aims to give workers both the confidence to work in NSP and also a strong foundation of skills to build upon in the future.
- Practical starting points for NSP conversations
- Injecting risk factors (social, substance and environmental)
- Equipment overview (what we give out and why we give it)
- NSP as a gateway to Recovery and change (where NSP fits in the cycle of change)
- Outcomes for NSP services
- NSP based health promotion