This course was developed for anyone whose role involves working with people who inject drugs (PWID) and the main focus is on giving delegates the practical skills required to work with PWID.
- Understand the issues around sharing equipment
- Understand which drugs are commonly injected and their associated risk factors
- To be able to identify a wide range of associated health/social risk factors
- Presenting accurate facts and figures of injecting risks nationally
- Identify strategies for working with route transition interventions
- Basic overview of steroid injecting issues (optional)