Will The New NSP Guidance Change Services For People Who Use Steroids?
NICE have released their latest guidance for Needle and Syringe Programmes, in this latest version they have included strong guidance for the delivery of services to people who use Performance and Image Enhancing Drugs (PIEDs).
Including that services:
- Are provided at times and in places that meet the needs of people who inject image and performance-enhancing drugs. (For example, offer services outside normal working hours, or provide outreach or detached services in gyms.)
- Provide the equipment, information and advice needed to support these users
- Are provided by trained staff
- advice on alternatives (for example, nutrition and physical training can be used as an alternative to anabolic steroids)
- information about, and referral to, sexual and mental health services
So, do YOU think this guidance is going to change the way services are delivered to PIED users? Will commissioners take notice?