Working With People Who Inject Drugs
This course has been developed to give an understanding of practical safer injecting advice and recognised harm reduction messages for working with people who inject drugs (PWID), along with an underpinning knowledge of currently injected substances and their associated risk factors.
Delegates will also gain an understanding of health risks and legal factors related to injecting, along with strategies on how to get these messages though to PWID.
- Safer injecting messages
- Understanding of practical injecting issues
- Overview of health related injecting issues
- Route transition approaches
- Legal aspects of harm reduction advice
- Understanding the issues around sharing equipment
- Understanding which drugs are commonly injected and their associated risk factors